To serve God and Church by following Jesus and emulating the character of Saint Joseph, a carpenter by trade, husband of Mary, and the earthly father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
As a collective body, we…
- provide the form and venue for a men’s group within the Parish, which has ties to other Guilds within the Diocese.
- fellowship with one another and as the occasion arises, share our experiences with other Guilds.
- be ready and willing to respond to requests for services that are within the scope of our abilities and talents.
- offer suggestions and provide services that could improve the functionality or enhance the Church and its buildings.
- not consider raising money as one of our main objectives. However, in order to provide services as a guild, a certain amount of money is required. Therefore, money raising will be limited to that need, unless special projects undertaken by the Guild dictate otherwise.
- minister to one another as the occasion arises, such as in a time of sickness of a member or one of his family.
- have a program of projects and activities in advance, so better planning of time and resources is accomplished and members plan accordingly.
- involve the Rector as a member where possible, and by doing so have the concurrence of the ordained leadership, wardens and vestry for projects that require Parish funding.
The Guild of St. Joseph men’s group (also known as the Holy Joe’s), meets on the first Saturday of each month. Contact Pat Hanratty for more information at 506-654-0304, the parish office at 506-847-0850, or. email@example.com New members are always welcome to join the great group!